The owner, David D. Miksch, began his career in the insurance industry the same year he moved to Houston in 1987. Hallmark Insurance Agency was opened in 2004 with a goal of representing multiple insurance companies which could provide choices for our clients. Mr. Miksch was previously a captive agent (agent that represents only one company) for a major insurance carrier, and saw the advantage of the independent agency system. Being an independent agency allows us to offer insurance from multiple top companies, providing a variety of products and prices.
Our mission is simply to maintain the highest degree of integrity and honesty, work hard to locate the best value for our clients, be prompt in our dealings, and most of all... "to always do what we say we will do". These attributes have become rare, and we expect you will find them refreshing.
Some people think it doesn't really matter where they buy their insurance. But this misconception could be costing them money, service and protection. Buying insurance isn't like buying bread or milk. Insurance is an important safety net for a family, a car, a home, or a business. Don't treat the purchase lightly!
There is a difference in where you buy your protection. Many people don't realize there are three sources for insurance:
- Captive Agents -- sell you the insurance of only one company.
- Telephone Representatives -- offer you the insurance of one company, and only on the telephone.
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers -- represent an average of eight insurance companies and research these firms to find you the best combination of price, coverage, and service.
Your Independent Insurance Agent or Broker:
- Is a licensed professional with strong customer and community ties.
- Gives you excellent service and competitive prices because your agent can access the insurance coverage from more than one company.
- Unlike other agents, is not beholden to any one company; thus, you don't need to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change.
- Assists you when you have a claim.
- Is your consultant, working with you as you determine your needs.
- Offers you a choice of insurance plans and programs.
- Is a value hunter who looks after your pocketbook in finding the best combination of price, coverage and service.
- Offers one-stop shopping for a full range of products-home, renters, auto, business, life and health.
- Can periodically review your coverage to keep up with your changing insurance needs.
- Treats you like a person, not just another number.
- Customer satisfaction is the key to an independent agent's livelihood. So, serving you is your independent agent's most important concern.
Reprinted with permission:
Indepedendent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Inc.
All Rights Reserved